$ 5.69 billion cold blister packaging market size by 2028: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, December 6, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Global Cold Form Blister Packaging Market Size Expected to Reach $ 5.69 billion by 2028, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2028. The market is expected to be driven by growing end-use industries, particularly health, electronics and semiconductors, consumer goods, food and confectionery, and industrial products, especially in Asia Pacific.
Main lessons and conclusions of the report:
- The oriented polyamide materials segment is expected to experience significant growth from 2021 to 2028. The segment includes biaxially oriented polyamide (BOPA or BPA) and nylon. The nylon film is the component of the Alu-Alu base sheet and it has a very high mechanical resistance against tears and punctures. This property guarantees the formation capabilities without fracture and leads to zero defect
- The food and confectionery applications segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period. Packaged and ready-to-eat meals require packaging that keeps the item inside fresh for a longer period of time and these qualities are present in cold blister packs. The growing awareness of effective packaging solutions in industry, especially in developing economies, is expected to support demand and production during the forecast period.
- Europe accounts for a considerable share of revenue in 2020. The presence of major players in the region such as Amcor Limited, Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Wihuri Group, Essentra plc, Wasdell Group and R-Pharm Germany GmbH particularly contributes to the growth of the regional market. . Major economies in the region, including Germany and the UK are the main contributors to income
- Companies in the cold blister pack industry have tried to improve the quality of their products due to the increasing demand for products in various industry verticals. The widening of applications in consumer products, electronics and semiconductors, as well as in food and confectionery has resulted in players focusing more and more on advancing the market.
- Large companies are generally listed under the category of large producers who are also leaders in terms of investing in R&D to equip them to deal with any potential changes in the future. Major players like Amcor Ltd. are engaged in customized product offerings based on customer requirements
Read the 150-page market research report, “ Cold Form Blister Packaging Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Material (Oriented Polyamide, Aluminum, PVC, PP, PE, PET), by Application (Healthcare, Electronics and Semi Drivers) and Segment Forecast, 2021-2028 “, by Grand View Research
Continued population growth, rising per capita income levels, and awareness of more efficient packaging solutions are expected to drive demand for better healthcare solutions. The growing adoption of health insurance coupled with the increase in personal health spending has triggered the growth of the market.
The aluminum materials segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 40.0% in 2020. Aluminum foil is used in cold blister packaging due to its wide range of mechanical properties. Aluminum packaging is used for diagnostic products, photosensitive formulations and ointments where full barrier performance is required.
With product counterfeiting becoming an increasingly serious problem, holographic effects are now increasingly used on cold foil packaging. Customer preference is increasing for packaging materials that offer a longer shelf life, are impermeable to water vapor, oxygen and light, help store packaged products for extended periods of time, and help to maintain freshness.
The electronics and semiconductor applications segment is expected to experience the fastest growth during the forecast period. Electronics and semiconductors are expected to experience remarkable penetration due to the increasing demand for electronic devices from customers.
Growing demand for memory cards, electronic batteries, USD readers, and mobile accessories, among others, is expected to support the growth of the segment. The growing semiconductor industry is expected to positively influence the demand for cold form blister packaging in this application segment.
Asia Pacific Is expected to register the fastest growth rate from 2021 to 2028. The increasing production and consumption of solid drugs and medical supplies in the region is mainly contributing to the growth of the regional market. What’s more, India is expected to experience the fastest growth in local and regional markets in the coming years due to its rapidly developing healthcare sector. For example, in january 2016, Essentra plc acquired the pharmaceutical packaging assets of Kamsri Printing & Packaging Pvt. Ltd. The acquisition provided strategic opportunities for expanding packaging capabilities in the Asian healthcare and pharmaceutical market.
Leading players are advancing their packaging practices and using intelligent machines and materials to increase their profit percentage and the safety of the packaged product. For example, in February 2017, Uflex has launched a new range of blister packs for use in pharmaceutical blister packs in cold form. The new packs replace the classic bi-axially oriented polyamide (BON) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) films. The new Alu blisters from Uflex consist of three layers of film comprising a special 36 m polyester and a flexible 50 m aluminum foil.
Grand View Research has segmented the global cold blister packaging market on the basis of material, application, and region:
- Cold Form Blister Packaging Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Polyvinyl chloride
- Cold Form Blister Pack Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Health care
- Consumer products
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Food & Confectionery
- Regional Outlook for Cold Form Blister Packaging (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (AEM)
List of key players in the cold blister packaging market
- Amcor Limited (Bemis Company, Inc.)
- Constantia Flexibles GmbH Group
- Bilcare Limited
- Winpak Ltd.
- Uflex SA
- ACG Pharmapack Pvt. Ltd.
- Svam Packaging Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Tekni-Plex, Inc.
- Essentra plc
- Ningbo Dragon Packaging Technology Co., Ltd.
- Rollprint Packaging Products, Inc.
- R-Pharm Germany GmbH
- Wasdell Group
- Shanghai Haishun New Pharmaceutical Packaging Ltd.
- EI du Pont de Nemours et Compagnie
Check out other studies related to packaging materials and technology, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Green packaging market – The size of the global green packaging market has been estimated to be $ 274.15 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% from 2020 to 2028. Growing consumer awareness of sustainable packaging, as well as strict bans on the use of plastic to single use, are expected to fuel the growth of the industry.
- Plastic packaging market – The size of the global plastic packaging market has been estimated to be 348.08 billion USD in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% from 2021 to 2028. Rapidly growing key application industries including food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and personal care and household products, stimulate demand for products.
- Blister Packing Market Supply Intelligence Report – The global blister pack market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2020 to 2025 owing to the increasing demand for unit dose packaging, short cycle drugs and monitored dosing system to improve patient compliance.
Browse Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global plastics, polymers and resins industry
Go to Grand View Compass , our intuitive BI-enabled market research database of over 10,000 reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a United States-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated and personalized research reports and consulting services. Checked in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company has more than 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,200 market research reports to its extensive database each year. These reports provide in-depth analysis of 46 industries in 25 major countries around the world. Using an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and assess upcoming opportunities.
Corporate Sales Specialist, United States
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll free: 1-888-202-9519
E-mail: [emailÂ protected]
The Web: https://www.grandviewresearch.com
Follow us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.