Cam market size worth $ 18.1 billion by 2028
SAN FRANCISCO, August 17, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The Global webcams market size is expected to reach $ 18.1 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 12.9% from 2021 to 2028, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc. Factors such as growing concern over security and surveillance, growing emphasis on virtual meetings in the commercial sector, and continuous product innovations are expected to support the market growth.
Main lessons and findings:
- In terms of technology, the digital segment is expected to experience the fastest CAGR of nearly 15.0% during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increasing demand for better picture quality and a larger video coverage area.
- In terms of products, the wireless segment is expected to experience the fastest growing. In terms of volume, the segment is expected to register a CAGR of nearly 20% during the forecast period due to advantages such as portability and better usability compared to USB webcams.
- In terms of end use, the security and surveillance segment captured an almost 20% revenue share in 2020 with the growing need for real-time surveillance to detect uncertain movements and alert on unexpected events.
- North America dominated in 2020 and accounted for a revenue share of over 35% of the overall market. This can be attributed to the early adoption of the latest technologies by consumers based in this region.
Read the 190-page market research report, “Analysis report of Webcams Market size, share and trends by Product (USB, Wireless), Technology (Analog, Digital), Distribution Channel, End Use, Region and Segment Forecast , 2021-2028“, by Grand View Research
The market has also benefited from continued advancements in technology, enabling better recording, better zoom quality, and better streaming. A growing number of webcams on the market are incorporating advanced features such as 1080p resolution, 60fps video streaming, automatic light correction and autofocus, targeting emerging customers such as video streamers and professional gamers. . Advanced features like these also make it easy to apply webcams in smart home security systems for remote monitoring.
Furthermore, state-of-the-art web cameras are seeing increased demand for telehealth services. Healthcare professionals deploy webcams to examine and prescribe medications for patients living in remote and remote locations. For example, Secure Telehealth, a web platform provider for tele-mental health, worked with Logitech. As part of the collaboration, the company deployed high-resolution, low-cost Logitech webcams to deliver remote mental health services to patients in remote areas.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented demand for web cameras around the world. The adoption of hybrid business models and remote working models in the enterprise sector has opened up promising opportunities for the market. In 2020, major market players including Logitech recorded more than 100% sales compared to the previous year, thanks to the notable increase in video conferencing and virtual connection with peers and members of the family. Additionally, webcams have been instrumental in ensuring seamless access to K-12 education activities globally. Online education has been encouraged for continuous study programs without any interruption in the transfer of knowledge between teachers and students.
Grand View Research has segmented the global webcams market on the basis of product, technology, distribution channel, end use, and region:
- Webcam Product Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, Billion US $, 2018 – 2028)
- Webcam Technology Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 – 2028)
- Webcam Distribution Channel Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, Billion USD, 2018 – 2028)
- Mortar brick
- Webcam End Use Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 – 2028)
- Security surveillance
- Video conference
- Live events
- Visual marketing
- Regional Webcam Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, Billion USD, 2018 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of key players in the webcams market
- Canon, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Sony Corporation
- Razer, Inc.
Check out other studies related to digital cameras, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Digital Camera Market – The global digital camera market is expected to reach $ 19.77 billion by 2020. The increasing demand for interchangeable lens cameras with higher selling prices is expected to fuel industry growth during the forecast period.
- 3D Camera Market – The global 3D camera market is expected to reach $ 16.41 billion by 2025. The growing demand for 3D content in the entertainment and related equipment segment is expected to further fuel the product demand.
- Smart Home Security Camera Market – The global smart home security cameras market size is expected to reach $ 11.89 billion by 2027 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.7% from 2020 to 2027.
Browse Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global electronics industry.
Go to Grand View Compass, our intuitive BI market research database of over 10,000 reports
About Grand View Search
Grand View Research, a United States-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated and personalized research reports and consulting services. Checked in California and headquartered at San Francisco, the company has more than 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,200 market research reports to its extensive database each year. These reports provide in-depth analysis of 46 industries in 25 major countries around the world. Using an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and assess upcoming opportunities.
Corporate Sales Specialist, United States
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll free: 1-888-202-9519
E-mail: [email protected]
Follow us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.