We include products that we think will be useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here is our process.
The Echelon EX-3 Connect is an exercise bike suitable for beginners and experienced athletes. The bike has a tablet mount, allowing those who purchase the company’s online subscription, Echelon United, to interact with training programs remotely.
Echelon Fitness Multimedia claims to have a new approach to fitness. The company says it offers professional studio-quality exercises that a person can incorporate into their own schedule at home, with products including:
- indoor bikes
- fitness mirrors
Through an Echelon United membership, individuals have access to world-class instructors who run hundreds of daily live classes that people can participate in using connected fitness equipment, such as the Echelon EX- 3. Classes are on-demand and a person can also access workouts without equipment, such as Zumba.
The company also provides access to interactive ranking and additional connectivity with other leading fitness apps.
Please note that the author of this article has not tried this product. All information is purely research based.
Studio classes for indoor cycling or spinning are popular ways for people to get a cardio workout and pursue their fitness goals. Indoor bikes that connect to live lessons, such as the Echelon EX-3 Connect, allow people to experience the benefits of a studio class at home.
- improved aerobic capacity
- lower blood pressure
- promote weight loss
- lower cholesterol
- provide cardiovascular workout without putting too much strain on the joints
Indoor bikes also allow people to experience the benefits of exercise at home, including:
- the ability to train at a convenient time
- saving time and money
- does not depend on the weather
Some people may also prefer to cycle indoors if they live in an area where pollution, fog, or forest fires may
The Echelon website states that the Echelon EX-3 Connect bike is suitable for people of all skill levels. It has 32 levels of magnetic resistance that can challenge both beginners and experienced athletes. The adjustable seat and handlebars can help people of different body shapes and sizes feel comfortable, and the equipment has a maximum user weight of up to 300 pounds (lbs).
Reviews online say the bike is solid and has a well-made frame, which, along with its heavy flywheel, makes it a good choice for high-intensity workouts. It does not come with any preset workouts or a console, so a person will have limited exercise options without also purchasing the Echelon United membership.
The main features of the Echelon EX-3 include:
- maximum adjustment measurements of:
- Length: 48.8 inch (inch)
- Width: 19.9 inch
- Height: 43.7 inch
- access to live and streaming lessons, as well as virtual scenic walks, with membership in Echelon United
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Tablet holder between the handlebars, which is suitable for screens up to 12.9 inch.
- rotating tablet holder for off-bike exercise
- pedals suitable for sneakers or clip-on bicycle crampons
- 30 day return policy
- One year limited warranty on parts and labor
The Echelon EX-3 is available for purchase online.
A person may wish to consider the following main characteristics before purchasing an Echelon EX-3 Connect or any other indoor exercise bike:
A person should think about what to expect from an indoor cycle. For example, competitive cyclists looking for an indoor bike for an off-season workout will likely need a different bike than people taking online fitness classes or those who are just starting their journey. of fitness.
Cost and warranty
Exercise bikes can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars, so it is advisable to weigh the budget against needs and preferences before committing to a product. People can also look for a bike with a sufficient warranty period to protect their investment.
How it feels
Comfort levels are important if a person wants to use their equipment regularly. If an exercise bike is uncomfortable or the resistance levels are sticky and awkward, the individual may be less likely to use it.
The more easily users can adjust the seat, handlebars, resistance levels and preset programs, the better the bike will perform for them.
Those who want to sync their equipment with fitness apps, participate in online classes, enjoy virtual “scenic” rides, listen to music or watch movies may prefer a bike that easily syncs with Bluetooth devices. These devices also include stand-alone heart rate monitors and headphones.
A console, screen or device holder
Some bikes have a built-in control console to access virtual lessons or entertainment programs or to adjust equipment settings.
Many people enjoy knowing and monitoring various training metrics, such as heart rate, calories burned, speed, and cadence, and some bikes automatically track and store this information.
Using stationary bikes is a great way for people to enjoy cardiovascular exercise from the comfort of their home. However, all exercise equipment carries some risk of injury. People can help prevent injury by:
- Checking the configuration: It is important to position the bike correctly, assemble it correctly and adjust it to the correct height and angle.
- Start slowly: Gradually increasing the intensity, effort and duration of workouts allows people to improve their physical condition without straining themselves too much.
- Balance exercises: Balancing cycling with strength training, core work, stretching, and other aerobic workouts can lead to full fitness.
The Echelon EX-3 Connect Bike is in the mid-range of connected indoor bikes. There are many options for those interested in indoor cycling, including:
- Peloton bike: Made by the leading manufacturer of connected indoor bikes, this gear comes with a 22-inch HD touchscreen, rear speakers, and access to thousands of live or streaming lessons across different disciplines.
- The MYX: This stationary bike features a 21.5-inch touchscreen, polar heart rate monitor, and access to world-class trainers and classes.
- ProForm Studio Bike Pro: One of the most affordable connected bikes on the market, this bike comes with a rotating screen and a 3-year iFit family subscription. It also offers interactive training sessions and classes, with trainers able to control the resistance of the bike from a distance.
Indoor cycling provides a convenient and efficient way for people to exercise at home. The Echelon EX-3 Connect Bike is a professional, studio-grade indoor bike that people can ride on their own schedule.
The bike has 32 different resistance levels and provides access to live and streaming exercise classes in multiple disciplines.
Bluetooth connectivity and tablet support can help clients who also have an Echelon United membership to make their workouts more interactive.
The Echelon EX-3 Connect’s price puts it in the mid-range of connected indoor bikes.