Electronic Systems Design Industry Reports 12.1% Year-over-Year Revenue Growth in Q1 2022, ESD Alliance Reports
MILPITAS, Calif., July 11, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Electronic Systems Design (ESD) industry revenue increased 12.1% from $3,157.7 million in the first quarter of 2021 at $3,540.5 million in the first quarter of 2022, the ESD Alliance, a SEMI technology community, announced today in its latest Electronic Design Market Data (EDMD) Report. The four-quarter moving average, which compares the last four quarters to the previous four, rose 14.5%.
“The industry continued to post double-digit year-over-year revenue growth in the first quarter of 2022, with quarterly revenue hitting a record high. $3,540.5 million,” said Walden C. Rhinsexecutive sponsor of the SEMI Electronic Design Market Data report. “The Computer Aided Engineering, Printed Circuit Boards & Multi-Chip Modules, Semiconductor Intellectual Property, and Services product categories grew in the quarter. Geographically, the Americas, Japanand Asia Pacific (APAC) all saw revenue growth.”
The companies followed in the EDMD report employed 51,328 people worldwide in the first quarter of 2022, an increase of 4.7% compared to the first quarter 2021 workforce of 49,024 and an increase of 0.2% compared to the fourth quarter of 2021.
The quarterly EDMD The report contains detailed revenue information with the following categories and geographic breakdowns.
Revenue by Product Category and Application – Year-over-Year Change
- Computer-aided engineering (CAE) revenue increased by 14.8% to $1,118.2 million. The CAE four-quarter moving average increased 12.5%.
- Physical design and verification of integrated circuits revenues decreased by 7.5% to $631.2 million. The category’s four-quarter rolling average fell 2.5%.
- Circuit board and multi-chip module (PCB and MCM) revenue increased by 1.4% to $293.3 million. The four-quarter rolling average for PCBs and MCMs increased by 11.4%.
- Semiconductor Intellectual Property (SIP) revenue jumped 23.7% to $1,376.5 million. The four-quarter SIP rolling average increased by 26.5%.
- Services revenue increased by 22.7% to $121.4 million. The four-quarter moving average for services increased by 24.9%.
Revenue by Region – Year-on-Year Change
- The Americaslargest reporting region by revenue, purchased $1,522.7 million electronic systems design products and services in Q1 2022, up 18.5%. The four-quarter rolling average for the Americas increased by 18%.
- Europe, Middle Eastand Africa (EMEA) procured $434.1 million electronic systems design products and services in Q1 2022, down 3%. The four-quarter rolling average for EMEA increased by 8.1%.
- from Japan purchases of electronic systems design products and services increased by 1.8% to $263.5 million. The four-quarter moving average for Japan increased by 2.5%.
- Asia Pacific (APAC) procured $1,320.3 million electronic systems design products and services in Q1 2022, up 13.2%. The four-quarter rolling average for APAC increased 15.6%.
About the EDMD report
The ESD Alliance Electronic Design Market Data (formerly Market Statistics Service) presents quarterly data on electronic design automation (EDA), SIP and service industry revenue. Public and private companies contribute data to the report available from SEMI. Each quarterly report is published approximately three months after the end of the quarter. EDMD the report data is segmented as follows:
- Revenue by Product Category (CAE, IC Physical Design & Verification, Semiconductor IP, PCB/MCM Layout, and Services), including many detailed subcategories
- Revenue by geographic area (Americas, EMEA, Japan and APAC)
- Total employment in participating companies
For more information on SEMI Market Research Reports, see the SEMI Market Research Reports and Databases Catalog.
About the Alliance for Electronic Systems Design
The Electronic System Design (ESD) Alliance, a SEMI technology community, is the central voice to communicate and promote the value of the semiconductor design ecosystem as a vital component of the global electronics industry. As an international association of companies providing goods and services across the semiconductor design ecosystem, it is a forum to address technical, marketing, economic and legislative issues affecting the entire industry. industry. For more information about the ESD Alliance, visit http://esd-alliance.org.
SEMI® connects more than 2,500 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance electronics design and manufacturing technology and business. SEMI members are responsible for innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, Fab Owners Alliance (FOA), MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG), and SOI Consortium are strategic SEMI technology communities. Visit www.semi.org to find out more, contact one of our offices around the world and connect with SEMI at LinkedIn and Twitter.
Information provided by the ESD Alliance is believed to be accurate and reliable, but the ESD Alliance assumes no responsibility for any errors that may appear in this document. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
A SEMI technology community
Siemens EDA RP
Siemens software for digital industries
Logo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/836033/SEMI___Electronic_System_Design_Alliance_Logo.jpg